Categorized | National

Man faces assault charges after three stabbings at uWindsor’s campus bar

A Windsor man appeared in court March 14 in connection to the stabbing of three people outside the University of Windsor’s campus bar.

Emad Abdel Ben-Abdellah, 21, has been charged with three counts of aggravated assault in connection to three stabbings of three different people during a series of “altercations” around 2 a.m. March 9, according to a police report.

After a two-day manhunt, he turned himself in to police March 11.

Two victims were stabbed outside the Thirsty Scholar pub, according to the report. The suspect then ran through a parking lot where he allegedly stabbed another man in the leg and buttocks.

All three were taken to hospital, the report stated. The third victim remains in stable condition after suffering life-threatening injuries, while the first two victims were treated for non-life threatening injuries and released, according to the report.

“The sequence of events that occurred was shocking and highly unusual for our campus,” said Alan Wildeman, University of Windsor’s president, in a letter to students and university staff March 12.

In the letter, Wildeman commended the students who called for help after the stabbings and said he hoped those injured would recover quickly.

Ben-Abdellah will reappear in court March 19.

Comments